When using DocSpera’s Calendar & Scheduling tools in conjunction with DocSpera’s Control Center, occasionally it may become necessary to unassign a case from its current surgical location. This process is sometimes called unbooking or unlocking. Surgical locations using DocSpera’s Control Center will book surgical cases and lock them in place at their facility. Unassigning a case is the process of unlocking that case from its existing surgical facility so that it can be rescheduled at a new surgical location.
Examples: Due to a recent medical development, a patient will need to use a different location for their upcoming surgery. Or perhaps a patient was accidentally scheduled at the wrong location and that location booked the upcoming surgery in Control Center.
To unassign a booked case from a location:
- Log into your DocSpera account at https://docspera.com/login
- Click Schedule from the menu on the left.
- Click My Schedule (or a shared schedule).
- Click on the date with the case you wish to unassign.
- Click on the case itself.
- Click Edit in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Location dropdown menu.
- Select Unassign Location. This will strike a line through the existing location room.
- Click Save to confirm the removal of the surgical location and green “booked” icon from the agenda view.
Notes: The ability to unassign, unbook or unlock a booked case will not be visible to all users. Only those who are using DocSpera in conjunction with Control Center will see this feature. Without Control Center, a case does not have the ability to become locked and booked at a surgical facility.